Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Prayer for Blessing

Father of lights, Lord of glory,

I found out yesterday that an old friend (I guess a new enemy) wrote about me on his blog. Ordinarily his personal attacks have been leveled against my friends and church, but yesterday the frustration, bitterness, hurt, and pain were leveled at me.

When I first met this young man, I was very impressed by his ability to handle the English language, both in print and verbally. He is a very intelligent and bright young fellow. I had very high hopes for his life and for where he might be able to ascend in the church and in the world. But for the past year or so, he has taken a turn in his life that has alienated him from all but his family and others who share his bitterness and angst.

I peruse his blog every few months, just to see how he is doing, and while he is still an intelligent young man, he has drifted into nothing but vile and vitriolic ramblings. If somehow he were required to remove all the and mean spirited posts from his blog it would have very few postings at all. He is clearly not living the kind of life his gifts and abilities projected for him.

With this in mind I would like to ask that you would grant my old friend complete and total repentance. I pray that you would open his eyes to see the evil trap he has fallen into and free him from the servitude to the sin he is so caught up in.

I pray that in freeing him from his idolatry, you would free him to fulfill all the potential that the gifts you have given him would clearly grant him. I pray that you would give him everything he has ever wanted in regards to educational goals, career goals, public recognition, and generational longevity.

Above all I pray that you would open his heart to you. I pray that his life would be characterized by the love, joy, peace, and fellowship that epitomizes people who know you and who live with you in your presence. The Bible says we become like our teachers and I pray that my friend’s teacher would be the Lord Jesus so that Jesus might shine out through everything he does or says.

In short, I pray that you, Lord, would bless my old friend with every spiritual blessing found in Christ Jesus. And I pray this in the name of Jesus our Lord and our Savior. Amen.

No comments: